Electric Transport Rolling Stock Renewal (Trolleybuses)
Kharkiv City Council, Municipal Enterprises “Trolleybus Depot No.3” and “Trolleybus Depot No.2”.
Co-financed by EIB and EBRD. Open for various co-financing partnerships.
The project consists of:
- provision of efficient passenger services by overland electric transport in Kharkiv;
- purchase of low-floor trolleybuses, spare parts, tools, expendable materials, equipment for trolleybus maintenance and repairs.
- provision of high quality trolleybus transportation services to the population taking into account the needs of passengers with disabilities;
- better comfort and safety of passenger services; • extended transportation capabilities for passengers with disabilities;
- reduced operating costs;
- fewer traffic congestions;
- re-orientation of passenger traffic from the motor to environmentally friendly electric transport;
- improved environmental condition of the city.
For Trolleybus Depot No.2:
- Loan Agreement signed between Trolleybus Depot No.2 and EBRD;
- 57 new trolleybuses to be in Kharkiv in 2020-2021.
For Trolleybus Depot No.3:
- Loan Agreement signed between Trolleybus Depot No.3 and EIB.
Delivery of 50 new trolleybuses planned for 2021-2022.
Contractor determined in the international tender.
For opening a new public transport route in the city:
- Looking for partners to continue rolling stock renovation of city public transport, namely: electrobuses acquisition.