Rolling Stock Renewal in Kharkiv Metro
Kharkiv City Council, Municipal Enterprise
Co-financed by: EIB and city budget.
The project consists of:
- purchase of five-carriage metro trainsets along with the spare parts and expandable materials, equipment,
tools for maintenance and repairs and related services.
Provision of high quality transport services by:
- increasing the number of the rolling stock unts on the metro lines;
- descreasing the intervals between the trains;
- cutting down the travel time in the public transport from the central part of the city to its remote districts;
- improving the cost effectiveness of the metro;
- ensuring safe and comfortable passenger transportation;
- improving the ecological situation in the city.
- The Loan Transfer Agreement has been signed between EIB, the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine, the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine and Kharkiv City Council.
- The tender has been conducted and awarded in compliance with the EIB requirements.
- contract signing with the Contractor;
- the delivery of the rolling stock of five-carriage metro trainsets is planned by 2023.