Reconstruction of Recreational Area “Sarzhyn Yar”
Kharkiv City Council, Municipal Enterprise “Kharkivzelenbud”.
Financed from city budget.
Sarzhyn Yar today is:
- 18 ha of recreational area in the heart of a busy city;
- a source of mineral water.
Reconstruction of its central part included
- reconstruction and repairs of:
- the hat-shaped canopy over the source with decorative starry sky illumination;
- the sports zones, incl. rubber coating, installation of new sports equipment and ping-pong tables;
- the water supply and sewerage networks and outdoor lighting networks;
- the drinking fountains with the replacement of the water supply system;
- the font area with its bowl replacement, heating system refurbishment and installation of a pavilion for changing;
- the old stairs with added new ones for convenient access to the area;
- installation of a children’s playground near the central pond, benches, special places for people to enjoy their time and leisure;
- construction of:
- a mother-and-child house and two new toilets accessible by people with limited mobility;
- a new water drainage system;
- an interactive children’s recreational zone (with decorative lighting, an artificial stream, trampolines, musical stones, etc.);
- an area of ornamental lakes with a cascade of dams;
- landscape gardening of over 8.0 ha (lawns, various ornamental shrubs and trees);
- replacement of 10,000 m2 of pavings;
- extension of the cycling paths by 2.5 km, with construction of new overpasses.
The territory of Sarzhyn Yar is constantly under improvement and development. The city is open for partnerships in projects aiming to improve urban landscaping for residents and guests.