Reconstruction of Maxim Gorky Central Park for Culture and Leisure
Kharkiv City Council, Municipal Enterprise “Maxim Gorky Central Park for Culture and Leisure”.
Сo-funded from city budget, support of IFIs.
Gorky Park today is:
- the largest recreational area (60 ha) in the city attended daily by dozens of thousands of people
(up to 70,000 on holidays and in high season);
- more than 30 attractions from Italian, German, American manufacturers;
- thematic zones for all ages and interests: Children’s Park, Extreme Park, Family and Fun Zone, French Park, Retro Park, Medieval Square, Sports.
- Gorky Park is a unique project, second to none in Ukraine;
- It is an example of full modernization and reconstruction of a city entertainment park;
- It was awarded the International Golden Pony Awards for its modern concept and thematic design;
- It ranks 15 in the TOP-25 best parks of Europe;
- The Guardian ranked the Park’s cable road in the TOP-10 best cable roads of the world.
- replacement of all the park attractions, road surface of its alleys;
- installation of the biggest in Ukraine Ferris wheel (55 meters in diameter);
- construction of a sports complex with football fields, basketball and volleyball courts;
- thinning of the old trees and plantation of new ones;
- laying out of flowerbeds and new alleys;
- fencing of the park, etc.
The Park is constantly working on improvement and extension of the scope of its services (new attractions, new quest rooms, further development of its vast territory).
Kharkiv is open to partnerships to continue making the Park great for the city residents and guests.