Homeless Reintegration Center Reconstruction
Kharkiv City Council, Municipal Institution “Homeless Reintegration Center”.
Co-funded from city budget and Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (under the project “Strengthening social infrastructure for hosting internally displaced persons”).
Large-scale works were carried out on:
- insulation of the face of the building;
- roof repairs;
- replacement of windows;
- electrical rewiring;
- bathroom and toilet refurbishment;
- re-modelling of the living rooms and utility rooms.
- The Center provides social services for up to 165 people at a time.
- People who have become homeless for whatever reason can spend an unlimited amount of time in the shelter.
- Ex-convicts can stay up to three months there until they re-establish their social connections.
Re-opened in 2018.