Kharkiv Metro Line Extension and Rolling Stock Renewal
Kharkiv City Council, Municipal Enterprise “Kharkiv Metropoliten”
Co-financed by EBRD, EIB, city budget
The project consists of:
- construction of two new stations (Derzhavinska and Odeska) on metro line III extended from Metrobudivnykiv station (3.47 km in length);
- construction of Oleksiievske electric depot with the capacity of 100 carriages;
- purchase of 85 carriages of the rolling stock;
- improvement of the technical equipment of Kharkiv Metro.
- relieving the burden on the overland transport;
- providing high quality transport services ensured by:
- access to metro for the population living in a major district of the city;
- increasing the number of the rolling stock on the lines;
- reducing intervals between trains;
- reducing the travel time for passengers travelling from the central part of the city to uptowns;
- creating up to 2,500 new jobs;
- ensuring safety and comfort of passenger transportation;
- improving the Metro’s cost-effectiveness;
- improving the environmental situation in the city.
Completion of construction works planned for 2022-2023.